March 31, 2010

Susan Salo Jumping 3

No video today; my camera had some kind of error... I'm not sure what because I was working Auggie right before leaving for work so I was sort of in a hurry and didn't realize there was an error message until I'd already turned the camera off and cleared the message. Oops!

Anyway, for the first two runs I kept the bars at 4", and then, since he was jumping nice and smooth still and bouncing the strides, I put them up to 8". He continued to bounce each jump smooth for the next three runs. For lack of any other idea of what to do (like stretching out his bounce to 5') I've decided I'll do this exercise two more days, and if he continues to succeed, I'll begin with the straight-line equal-distance grid with height.
My plan is to see if he succeeds there, and if he does, do that exercise for a couple sessions, then alternate between the two grids for 3-4 sessions until moving on to adding the distance grid into our arsenal. No idea if I'm moving too fast or too slow or if you can do a couple grids a day or what, but we'll make it up as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment